Thursday, June 21, 2007

Less Chemicals, More Stuff

So, here is an updated on the Chemical Exodus:

- I have finished both Method hand-pumps in the kitchen and bathroom, and have put in a 1:1 solution of Dr. Bronner's Almond soap and water. They are working great, although you have to watch it and make sure you don't squirt yourself in the shirt or face with soap when all you want to do is wash your hands!

- I did something (god-knows-what), and irritated one armpit, so I am back to chemical deodorant for the time being. It's almost better, and I used Powdry the other day (from Lush), but I am hoping the red bumps go away.

- I will buy Soap Nuts after this new box of Trader Joe's laundry soap (powder) is done. I like it because it's biodegradable, and you can recycle the entire box when it's done. Plus, it's like $5 for 40 loads' worth of soap.

No comments: