Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Even Rocket Scientists Have To Frog

...Er, at least aircraft propulsion engineers have to frog.... every once in a while.



This is my Spring Forward first sock.  I finished it, only to have the foot look more like a flipper than anything sock-ish.  I even wove the toe together & sewed in the ends.... and I let it sit for several months. 

Last week, in a fit of spring-cleaning-perhaps-I-don't-know, I reopened the toe and ripped back to where the gusset was finished at the base of the foot.  I printed out a fresh copy of the pattern, as mine was thoroughly worn, and now it is sitting on my coffee table, next to the Radiating Star blanket.

***

In other news... work has been somewhat stressful lately, and I really need a vacation, but feel somewhat pressured that I can't take one till we deliver a full-blown product that the FAA will let companies buy. And it's pretty much looking like I won't get to see Daniel till he returrns for good in the fall... Sigh. 

On the upside? Last week, I rowed 2000 m in 9:36, and yesterday I got a backsquat PR of 60 kg x 5 reps! Woo!

No comments: