Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Parate!

(Parate = "stand up" in Spanish... at least in Panama)

Thanks to Medical Billing & Coding for the following infographic, and to The Clothes Make The Girl for reminding me to Get Up, Stand Up!

People can yapper on all they want about how "good it is for you", but Maaan I know I feel better when I cruise around during work-a-time hours. Whether or not I am at home.  I think that is part of the reason I drink so many liquids at work - if nothing else, I have to head for the bathroom about once an hour!

I actually suggested "standing meetings" to my manager a few months ago.  I emailed him this WSJ article about stand-up meetings potentially being more efficient (I actually have to give my manager major credit for thoughtful consideration whenever any of us in his group suggest things we'd like to implement at work), but he suspected, in not so many words, that the majority of our group was lazy enough to not want to deal with standing meetings and that he thought standing meetings did not promote thoughtful discussion because everyone was in a rush to 'get out'.

Interestingly, while getting rolfed today I was discussing standing up at work with the rolfer, and I told him how reticent the Ergonomics people at work were in initially lowering my desk to an appropriate sitting height, that I had no desire to engage them for a standing workstation. So he simply said, "Maybe you need to bring in a couple of boxes..."  Simple problem, simple solution.

INFOGRAPHIC TIME:

  Sitting is Killing You
Via: Medical Billing And Coding

No comments: