Saturday, December 8, 2007

Eye Candy Sunday :)

I haven't posted in a while. Stuff has been frenetic, at best.

Two weeks ago, I thought Daniel had dumped me, but it just turned out that we needed to get the whole emotional conversation ball rolling... we are doing great again, for which I am very glad. :-)

I've also been really super busy at work, and today is really the first whole day to myself I've had in a while. I went shopping & to lunch with my friend Kris earlier today, and also got my hair stylist, Ingrid, since it looked like she had accidentally missed a spot when she did my highlights earlier in the week... Although I messed up the evening by having a mug of hot chocolate made with cow-milk, and also eating a small ball of goat cheese for dinner. Let's just say I'm glad I've been alone today. :-P

However, I've finally had time to post a bunch of pictures on Flickr and here, and hopefully to Ravelry, too.

First up are the yarn skeins I am sending to Milagro in Baltimore, MD.



Next is my first skein from the Sumptuous Sock Yarn Club. It is GORGEOUS, in a colorway called "Cabarnet", and it is 45% Mongolian cashmere and 55% silk. Holy Rare Fibers, Batman!


I wanted to show off the (non)-progress I've been making on Daniel's socks. Here is a photo of the plied, wound-off instep yarn, of which I have enough for probably a whole pair of socks. I think I might use the leftovers to make myself some cuffs or something (coordinating, but not matching...Keywords of the Day, People!). I think both the legs are done, but now that I look at the picture, it looks like the leg still on the needles needs a couple more rounds... hmmm...


Here is a picture of my second pair of FO-socks, the "Dove" ones from Cat Bordhi's newest book. They are knit in Blue Moon Fiber Art's Socks That Rock Mediumweight in "Rhodonite". (I just looked on their site, and it looks like they don't sell Rhodonite anymore. However, there are a few Etsy shops that have a very similar colorway...eerily similar, but I guess "hm, magenta and purple sounds fun" might not be a very original thought among dyers (?) ).

I am very proud of these socks, especially since it took me three or so tries to knit the first one! The only thing I am NOT proud of is that I knit that first one a lot tighter (a lot!) than the second one, presumably because I was frustrated from ripping it out so much, and so the second one is noticeably bigger than the first. Observe:


I was going to give them to my sister as a Christmas gift, but I couldn't do that to her, so I am wearing them. As I type this, in fact. And if I wear them and wear them under pants, no one will know that one is a little longer than the other. :-)


No comments: