Sunday, February 24, 2008

New Condo Musings

I have been thinking about upgrading my condo.

Since there is a definite potential that Daniel wants to live with me when he exits the Navy, we'll need something bigger than 460 sqft.

I spoke to my realtor last week, and it was comforting to know that there were definitely options in Seattle... I am looking for a 2 br for <= $300 000.

Here is a list of what I want out of the condo:

Location: My personal "Seattle boundaries" are:
- Golden Gardens on the West
- 65th St. on the North
- 24th Ave. E on the East (just east of I-5)
- Jackson St. on the South

Other Stuff
- 2 parking spots
- no carpet (I can do that myself, although I will pay Gary to come paint again!)
- corner unit (ie plenty of windows)
- 1.5 bathrooms
- gas stove (if possible) or smooth electric cooktop (I have become fond of it!)
- the outside can be vintage, but the inside must be updated (although I love clawfoot tubs!)
- open floor plan
- W&D hiding place
- lots of kitchen counter space (ie not a galley kitchen, unless it's wide / open at both ends)
- dishwasher (I guess. Daniel loves his dishwasher.)
- balcony or patio
- LOW HOA fees (less than 0.1% of the unit's price, if possible. I'm happy to report that my HOA fees only went up by $3 this year!)


I just had a decorating vision earlier today - the bedroom in pale spring green and espresso, with an Asian bent and Japanese cherry blossom accents...which means nice deep shots of pink or red throughout! :)

No comments: