Sunday, March 16, 2008

Iraqi Perspectives Project

As a moderately intelligent citizen, sometimes I feel out of the loop when it comes to current events. Luckily, I try to edify myself by listening to NPR on my commute, and I podcast a news/humor show from NPR called "Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!". I think it balances out the knitting and Star Trek.

However, I am lucky enough to have friends like Randy, who has a side project called "Lawyers for Warriors". He recently emailed me the text from a post about a report from the Joint Forces Command entitled "Saddam and Terrorism". The point is that the government is not making the report available as a PDF file online for public consumption, but rather apparently chose to make the report harder to come by. Randy's post has links on how to obtain a copy of the report on CD (as a PDF), in hopes that, by lots of people requesting this CD of the report, the government might actually just make it available online. However, should you choose to reap the benefits of NPR, they have posted a copy here.

Anyway, I am not trying to espouse political views here (ok, maybe I am), but I do think the government should make publicly available all reports that are not deemed to be confidential or secret. I am a firm believer in transparency in all processes! :)

No comments: