Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday WIPs

Finally, some time to write a WIP update post!

Well, whoever reads this and cares, Let 'Er Rip!

Up first is my first of "Bartholomew's Tantalizing Sock", by the genius Cat Bordhi. She is freakin' amazing, and her patterns just work..and fit really well. Whenever there is a mistake, it's always been Operator Error (shock!). If you look really closely, I muffed the toe on these, and I had already yanked it out and re-done it twice, so I said To Hell With It, and finished it a little pointier and bubblier than I would have liked. I don't think any of my sock pairs has been perfect thus far. Ah well!! :) I love it just the same (although the leg is a little high for me, and cuts into my calf muscle a bit).

Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts' Socks That Rock Midweight, color "Metamorphic"
Needle: size ....1, I think (2.25 mm)



Here is Daniel's first sock. I finally got up the gumption to stick the dang afterthought heel in(courtesy of the Twisted Sisters' Sock Book), and here is the result, on my foot, which is why it's baggy. :)

Here is the progress on his second sock. See, see, I'm almost done! :-) If I get on it, I could have it done tonight, which would be a great weight off my back in terms of knitting projects. Oh, I know, knitting projects are supposed to be for fun, right? Well, this puppy has been going on at least a year. Although it gave me excellent experience! (Let's just say I bought some superwash yarn for his next pair...his SIL suggested I make him construct a shrine to these socks :) ).

May I present a somewhat-more-finished Ms. Marigold vest? Argh...stockinette. Takes. Forever. And is boring. But I don't want to wear a heavily cabled weirdness....at least not till I'm < size 10! :) Once I'm small, I will wear whatever the hell I want and look fabulous.

I told my friend Chris (the guy I went sailing with today) that I had about 15 lb left to lose, and he laughed and said something to the effect of "Just grow a pair and do it, and be done with it!!" Yes...thank you, guy, who is naturally tall and thin... (just kidding. I really like Chris and his wife, Melinda, but I think he doesn't have a lot of empathy for people who aren't naturally thin. And I'm going to stop playing the victim now! :) )

Finally, comes the Gift Hat. Again with the stockinette stitch. Holy S. At least Knitpick's Wool of the Andes yarn is really nice and squishy....and CHEAP! Holy cow! :) I got yarn for the pair of hats for $16! I am, overall, happy with how my stitch evenness is coming out in the stockinette.

2 comments:

Maomao said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maomao said...

Ook! Sorry Mel for being so weird about posting!

I just wanted to say that I really like the colors for the Viking hat! It's so rich!