Wednesday, May 27, 2009

FO: Hemlock Ring Blanket

Damn, I knit slowly.

I am so glad to be done with the Hemlock Ring blanket, adapted by Brooklyntweed. For many reasons! It is a gift, for some friends who were wed recently (relatively). It is a lovely knit to work, and a lovely finished item. Jared Flood has great taste.





My only regret is not having pins and enough time to let it dry blocking upon my mattress.

Instead, I had to "ghetto-rig" it and use textbooks. The first useful thing they've done for me in 4 years! (You know, except, like, helping me get my job and stuff..). If you look closely, you can see all sorts of knickknacks also being used as blocking weights.

This horrid set up produced a marginal blocking job. It's flat...ish. The blanket is definitely a lap blanket, and two people have to get close to snuggle under it, but that's a good thing, right?



A close up, washed out shot of the lace patterning in the center.

No comments: