Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Redecorating

I think it's time for a change.

I think this shelf might be on the sale-block. I love it, but I think I want more room on that side of my condo.


I picked this up on a trip to IKEA last Friday. It's a metal plant stand, with the top shelf at roughly my eye level. Perfect for my orchids, ferns, African violets, and coffee plant:


The "DANGER" tape outside my window is due to the final stages of building reconstruction. I am mired in various chemical smells while the workers lay down the final layers of deck coating. I came home today to a small spray of white sand that had gotten inside my condo.


This is the new bookshelf I also bought at IKEA. I had a couple of these in college, and they were extremely sturdy, so I am not worried about overloading it with books.


There are still a few things I need to work out, like where to put my stereo (I actually want to get the slick Bose one that handles both CD's and iPods), and where to stash my sheet music. I'm confident I will figure something out. I just got rid of another suitcase full of books, too! So liberating. They were mostly chemistry and very basic engineering textbooks that I wouldn't anticipate needing should I go to grad school. The other textbooks I will haul to work and store there.

No comments: