The Crossfit Seattle Spring LEAN Challenge is into it's 4th week, and I have not noticed any major body changes.
I have a couple of friends who say they have lost multiple pounds; good job to them!
I have some theories here about why I am "stuck" at my weight / size:
- the morning 12 oz latte (the ratio I use is 8 oz coffee : 4 oz half & half)
- indulging in things once a week like fruit with heavy cream... (an obvious one!), or
- too much fruit vs. vegetable?
- not enough protein?
- too much fat?
However, I should note that I feel a lot stronger. Here are some recent accomplishments I am proud of:
- I am using the 12 kg kettlebell for snatches now instead of the 8 kg kb
- I did 160 x 16 kg kb swings without stopping last week, and the day after I did 100 kb swings without stopping
- I did 20 x 65 kg deadlifts without resting a couple of weeks ago. This leads me to believe my 1 rep DL max is now beyond 70 kg
- I ran all 5 x 100 m bits of yesterday's WOD (5 rounds of: 7 burpees + box jump, 7 OH squats, and 100 m run). My burpees still suck.
- My OH squat 1 rep max is 25 kg, as of yesterday, which isn't horrible.
In short, I am frustrated because I am not "smaller" - my clothes fit exactly the same. However, I am happy because I'm not any larger, and I seem to be getting stronger.