Friday, April 20, 2007

New Kitchen Light

Thursday night, I asked my friend Mark to install a new overhead kitchen light from Home Depot for me. Here it is!


The beige line across the ceiling is the remnant of unpainted ceiling that was exposed when Mark removed the old track lighting. The light itself was fairly cheap - around $45 and it included the halogen lightbulbs. I thought it would be brighter, but alas.

I am still contemplating having Mark install a second light, but first I'd like to replace the bulb in my pot-light and see how much overhead light that adds to the space. It's nice to have the option of a second overhead light in the kitchen, though. (Right now there is a plastic plate covering the access hole where the second light could potentially go).

So now, all I have to do is fill in the old screw-holes, and touch-up the paint.

No comments: