Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Visit to the Frog Pond


As you can categorize something on Ravelry, "RRR"..... I had to rip out this sock today.






Look how big it is on my foot! And that was just before I was going to start the toe! I kept trying to convince myself that, No, Cotton Shrinks, and Nooooo lace just stretches but when it washes it will be fine, buuuut in my heart I knew the truth:


To The Frog Pond, Ladies and Gentlemen!!!!


In the spirit of my environmentalism, I would like to note that many knitters Recycle, Reduce, Reuse... when they frog. You Recycle the Yarn. You Reuse it (and the needles, and possibly the pattern, if it hasn't pissed you off too much). And you..Reduce... somehow... uhm... by not buying factory made socks? Hah!


Anyway, here is a pic of the freshly wound yarn cake from the Former Sock:



I'll get back to it. I think in the meantime I might try a hand at Nakiska again.

And a final picture for this post, my current WIP, Ms. Marigold. She's a-comin', if slowly... I guess I haven't been giving myself a lot of time to knit lately. Plus, I've not been on the ferry too much lately, either. Mr. Daniel has been taking a lot of ferry time on his end, to which I am thankful - I love being able to see him more often, now that his schedule is allowing it. I know it may not last, but I will make the most of it while he is able to come over during the week!



No comments: