Monday, September 24, 2007

Joining In

I think I need to join one of the myriad of knitting or spinning contests that spring up online. I was reading my friend Kim's blog, and she was lamenting that joining something would force her to post about her current projects at least once a week. Sounds like a great idea!

I wound the "Rhodonite" color of STR into a ball last night. Of course, what else did I do? Drop $85 (after tax and shipping) on a ball winder and umbrella swift (which is awesome because it can accomodate up to a 5 ft skein). Joann's was having an online sale (SEPA750 is the code) and so that is why I bought them together. Ah..it feels good to buy tools. :-)



I am going to make most of the sock yarns that I bought into socks featured in Cat Bordhi's newest sock architecture book. I figure I followed her directions well enough last time that it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what the heck she's up to.

I think one of the interchangeable circular needle kits would be a great idea, but Liz showed me hers, and I don't like that they don't make points below a size 4 for those kits. I mean, I am using size 3's and 2's for socks these days. I wonder if there is an issue with the joins not working on needles that are too small?

No comments: