Sunday, September 9, 2007

My First Sock is done!

Yay! My first knit sock ever is off the needles!

I used the Simple Sock pattern from Cat Bordhi's book, "Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles". I used Zitron Trekking XXL yarn for it, and knit it on two circular size 3 bamboo needles from Clover.

My only regret is not buying the Addi Natura needles; the joins on the Clovers leave a little to be desired.

Here is Picture 1:

Another picture off the foot:

And, of course it's out of order, but this is a picture of the sock in progress last week. I zoomed down the foot because it's a chunk of "mindless knitting" and then did the toe decreases yesterday and today on the ferry. I came home with only the Kitchener stitch grafting across the toe to do. I looked it up in one of Debbie Stoller's "Stitch 'N Bitch" knitting books (I have both knitting books and the crochet one, too), and though I didn't really understand what I was doing, I followed her directions and it came out great!


I also love that Trekking XXL really gives you a TON of yarn for the money, and it knits up very well; no weird split stitches like some yarns.

No comments: