Sunday, September 23, 2007

Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival 2007!

Yesterday was Saturday, which was also the day that Liz and I had planned to head down to Canby, Oregon to the Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival (OFFF). And did we ever go! :-) Liz also invited her friend, Joanne, to come along. I'm so glad! Joanne is really nice! :-)


Here is a picture we got a nice man to take of us as we perused the outdoor booths. Liz and Joanne are wearing their handmade scarves, and we're showing off some of our purchases:




I always love looking at livestock. I think it comes from growing up in an agricultural place like Tulare, where the county fair and farm equipment shows always feature animals prominently. Here's a sheep (or ram?) with some crazy horns!! Check that out! I don't know what breed of sheep this was; I wasn't checking the ID cards very closely, although I could tell certain breeds like Wensleydale and Lincoln pretty easily, so that was kind of neat:


Here is a pic of Joanne in the livestock barn. :-)


I was very glad to see so many vendors there! I bought SO much crap. I'll post pics of it later. I mostly bought rovings, but I did buy some yarn. I bought one skein of this mohair laceweight yarn (very fuzzy), and it was dyed in a colorway that really reminds me of a peacock feather (despite the colorway's name being 'Pond'), ANNNND it was 30% off. :-) Justification, Achieved! I also bought a skein (well, two skeins) of Duets Sock Yarn from Liz and Joanne's friend, who runs A Swell Yarn Shop (www.aswellyarnshop.com). Apparently you have to stalk this woman's website to buy her yarns, because they sell out in minutes of being posted online. Her Duets series is neat because you get a multicolored "main skein" of yarn for your socks, and then a coordinating solid color skein to do the heels and toes of your socks. The colorway I chose was raspberry shades and olive greens, with an olive green CC skein. So I was glad to have been able to buy some without the pressure! :) And I splurged (some more) and bought two skeins of Blue Moon Fiber Arts "Socks That Rock" yarn, one in "Count Cluckula" and one in "Sugarplum". Liz scored a Mill Ends skein from Blue Moon, which meant it was cheap, and we couldn't see anything wrong with it. I am jealous ;-)

Here is a picture of a rainbow that I finally caught as we were driving back to Washington. I kept missing the rainbow by the time I'd get my camera ready, which was a great source of amusement to Liz and Joanne:

Thank god I went with people. It made the drive fly by, and we had a blast! :)

No comments: