Saturday, April 19, 2008

Submarine Ball 12 April 2008

Daniel and I went to the Submarine Birthday Ball on April 12. I can't believe I haven't had time to blog about this yet! I had fun again this year. It was nice to see some people and catch up (however briefly), and meet some new people. I really liked some of the new junior officers I got a chance to meet that night, and am hoping maybe Daniel will get stationed at the same base in Japan as his coworker Cook, and Cook's wife Joanna...or at least somewhat nearby. :)

I found my dress on sale for $50 at the Frock Shop in Seattle. As she did last year, my friend Kris provided reliable insight and opinion on the dress selection. I returned later to the FS for some pewter peep-toe slingback heels that were too awesome to ignore (I did wait a month, though!). I got to wear my grandma's vintage emerald costume jewelry set, too, which I have been looking for an excuse to wear pretty much all my life. I wore the necklace and the bracelet. I left the earrings and ring for another day. :)

If you want to see all the pictures I took, click here. If you want to see all the pictures Daniel took, click here.

As I have told many people, there are very few men for whom a military dress uniform cannot improve their looks....even the geeky guys look hot at these functions!

Here's one pic someone took of us. Is that an actual bicep muscle I see on my arm??


This is Andy and his fiance, Gwen. I met Andy last year at the dance, and he had come stag. This year, I whispered to this lady, Sam, "Oh how nice, he has a date this year!"....later on, he introduced Gwen as his fiance, and I mouthed theatrically to Sam, "FIANCE?!"... Anyway. Gwen is super-nice, and reminds me a lot of Tori! :)


This is the Captain's wife. She's super sweet, and I love talking to her, even though I can never remember her freakin' name. I'm sure it's something easy to remember, too...argh! I'm a tad bummed. Daniel's captain got reassigned to a tour in DC, so they are going out there very soon. He and his wife are really nice people, and I enjoy getting to say hi to them whenever Daniel takes me to a Navy function.

"Well, hello Sir,..."

No comments: