Tuesday, July 22, 2008

EZ Lives On

The weather turned strangely cold today - I just hope my tomatoes and other various food crops are OK.

Today was one of my new "off" days. Since beginning Crossfit (a whooole week ago), I am anticipating that a more concerted effort to work intensely when I am working out will let me have more time off, to do stuff I want to do. We'll see if that theory holds.

Anyway, so I had time to run some errands - grab my bag of compost from Tori's place, and buy a skein of yarn for my friend Leslie's baby gift.

I am going to make my very first Baby Surprise Jacket. If you haven't heard of this by now, you are likely either a new knitter, or living somewhere that just got the Interwebs. The BSJ is a classic pattern by Elizabeth Zimmerman, a GodMama of knitting. The beauty in the BSJ is that it's knit in garter stitch (knit every row), and when done, looks like a sea-slug. You fold it specifically, sew two seams and BAM - one baby jacket. Can you use fun self-striping hand-dyed yarns? Of course!! And, I will hopefully get away with making this in one skein of Fleece Artist Sea Wool (color: Angel Fish). ( I broke down and bought "Knitting Workshop" at an LYS on Sunday).

Hopefully I'll finish this before Ms. Kendall "Crotchfruit" Smith makes her worldwide debut!!

***

(I just received my new camera in the mail today (!!!!!!!), but I am charging the battery, so no pictures tonight.)

***

Okay, once my stomach stops being full from too much salmon, I have to retrieve my compost from the trunk of my car...not that it smells much, but I don't want to unnecessarily funk-up my ride.

***

And... I go to Los Angeles on Friday for John & Olivia's wedding! Yay! (Although Daniel has that Friday off as an ARI Day - *sigh*...)

No comments: