Tuesday, July 1, 2008

WIPs - 01 July 2008

FINALLY, some pictures of what I've been doing! :)

First up, my first sorta-real lace project. This is the Branching Out scarf, from Knitty. I think I'm on the second time of the lace repeats. (Sorry the picture is blurry!). I'm using Handmaiden SeaSilk for this...Man, it's nice to knit with! The color is more purple than the picture shows.



Next up is my friend Kris' Brunhilde hat, from BellaKnits. I've already started the decreases for the crown of the hat here. This is to match the hat I made for her husband, Randy (the Viking hat from BellaKnits). This is done in KnitPicks' Wool of the Andes...not so bad to knit with, and hey, it's cheap! :) (I hear it felts nicely, too).


Lastly is my January Rockin' Sock Club sock, "Serendipity". This is the second sock. I managed to finish turning the heel by the time I'd returned home to Seattle after camping this last weekend, which was very nice indeed. :) I just started on the lace rounds for the foot... it's smooth sailing from here! This is knit using Socks That Rock Lightweight in the club colorway, "Dragon's Dance".

I hope everyone is having a nice week!

No comments: