Friday, May 30, 2008

Friends

I got an email last night from a close friend.

She told me her fiance broke up with her.

?!

I think he got spooked by a bunch of life changes piled on top of each other - moving, new careers, getting married.

She is devastated, but of course life goes on and she has a lot of stuff to take care of right now, so she sounded like she was slogging through. She is an incredibly tough and hard-working person, and while, on the outside, it looks like the stars line up for her, I have seen her work her ass off over many years to make these things happen.

I send her my thoughts.

I hope he comes to his senses. However, I also hope she can move on through life and not expect anything. That, in itself is very difficult, but if anyone can do it, she can.

No comments: