Friday, March 20, 2009

Hawaii And Etcetera

I leave for Hawaii on Sunday morning! Yeah! Daniel gets in about 2 hours ahead of me, so he said he could fetch me.

***

Random news - I just bought my friend Priscila's wedding present. I was going to get her the set of knives they wanted (Henckels; nice choice!) but I have a memory from my mom (or maybe grandma) telling me that knives are bad luck to receive as wedding presents. Kind of like some silver roosters my mom has. Don't ask why she has silver roosters. They are beautiful, though. She tried to sell them to someone who dealt with Christie's Auction House in NYC once, but I forget why it didn't go through.

***

I checked out the Seattle Yarn Gallery, over in West Seattle, today. It was neat! They definitely have the vibe of "you're playing in someone's crowded stash" going on. I almost bought some cushy laceweight merino, but I left with empty hands! (For the third LYS trip in a ROW, I might add!) I think I want to try taking a lace project to Hawaii with me; if I receive Kim's yarns from Stitches today or tomorrow, I might take them and just work a Pi Shawl, but I also printed off Evelyn Clark's Swallowtail shawl pattern. Dawn's looked so great, I think I want to make one now.

***

I think I have a cold, but I am really hoping it's just post-nasal drip and some sort of weird allergy. Ugh!

***

OK, I'm going to go work on my sister's Porom hat. I might finish it today; I am working Chart B, which has all the decreases for the top. Yay!

No comments: