Monday, March 16, 2009

What Happens When You're Laid-Up

...is that you do a metric ton of knitting.


FO 1: Handspun hat. Yarn was spun during my time spent at the Pluckyfluff workshop. It's just a single crochet all the way around, with a size M(?) hook. Giant-ass hook + big yarn make project FLY. I finished this hat in an hour. I swear.



FO 2: Insane Handspun Hat. More Pluckyfluff-workshop yarn. I used my Aura-style mohair cloud yarn for the brim, then I held two handspun singles together ( a thick / thin green wrapped in turquoise thread that I spun from Kim's "Fiber Play" gift + a purplish one). Again, super simple single crochets...


It's INSANE! And very fluffy around my ears. They shall be warm. Here is the hat on the floor.
It's a bit darker in real life, I think... maybe that is just the dark green mesh still surrounding my building...



Here is today's progress on my sister's Porom hat. I just wound up the second skein of yarn for it.



And finally, here is a picture at the parking lot of Crystal Mountain ski resort. I kept forgetting to get actual pictures while I was up skiing! (And hurting myself!)

2 comments:

Jen and Rich Johnson said...

The hats are amazing! They look so soft! I can't believe they made up so quickly.

Mel said...

Thanks! Yeah, crochet on giant hooks is the Master for getting weirdness out the door ASAP. ;) haha.... Actually, I bet if I had big enough needles (like sz 11 + circulars), I could get them out quickly, too. :)