Friday, August 15, 2008

Stash Enhancement eXpedition (SEX!)

I came home from work yesterday, only to be AWESOMELY SURPRISED by a package:



That, my friends, is what happens when you have fantastic friends who are master artisans in their own right. My friend Kim sent this in the Name of Destashing Upon Someone. Contents: a white camelid (alpaca? llama?) fleece, a caramel colored camelid fleece, a bit of brown alpaca fleece (in the plastic bag on the left), some domestic wool top in a moorit color (plastic on the right), and various mill-ends of wool/ nylon blend sock yarns, some semi-solid, some self-striping, a really soft gray one (the one with the ball band: "Pingouin Laine nylon"). She actually brought it to John and Olivia's wedding for me, but I couldn't stuff it into my backpack *sigh*... so she was really thoughtful and stuffed it into a box for me. :) I love you, Kim! :)

Next up are the results of my orgy at Weaving Works on Wednesday afternoon.

One skein of Cascade 220, in a pale tangerine color. It shall become a Koolhaas. I love the value Cascade 220 offers...and it was surprisingly soft. They even have superwash, which is very cool.

Next up, part of my collection from the Cotton Sale at WW. (Everything with cotton in it was 20% off). I got two skeins of "Terra" from SWTC, in a dark olive color (in the photo they look more tan). It is 50/50 bamboo/ cotton blend, in a fingering-ish weight. Perhaps a summer cap or scarf?

Two skeins of Sugar 'n Cream...the ubiquitous dishcloth cotton. At $1.80 / skein, I couldn't say no. :) The one on the left is violets & greens (it doesn't come out too well in the photo), and the skein on the right is tan / yellow / yellow-green. The second skein will be a dishcloth for the 'rents, since it matches their house to some degree.

Today, after work, I ventured forth and drove from Bremerton to Bainbridge Island to make a short pilgrimage to Churchmouse Yarn & Tea. I was surprised that...well... I didn't really want anything. Oh yes, I wanted stuff - Hand Maiden and Fleece Artist, Koigu KPPM, and even Blue Moon Socks That Rock were in full-force... but nothing really was "calling" to me. I think it's because I just ordered a sweater's worth of Malabrigo worsted in "Cuarzo" (a lightish kettle-dyed violet). Plus, I still have that 10% off coupon (from the Sock Club) for BMFA that I am waiting to use till they refresh the colors on their site.... *drool*

I did, however, score a couple of magazines in the $1 bin at Churchmouse.

No comments: